first beta version version from Avast 2016 is now available for testing with a completely new interface, password manager and SafeZone browser resources. And this beta version fixes AV installation, improves home network security, and comes with some minor tweaks and known issues as well.
Avast Free Antivirus 2016 Beta
The user interface with more space and easy control is completely new and different from Avast 2015.
Avast has integrated Passwords (currently existing and known as easy pass) in the free AV and added it to Smart Scan as well. You can access it from the main window of the program.
This feature can allow you to manage passwords (you need to create and remember a (master) password) and also generate stronger passwords for you.
Other things he does are:
- Checks the security of your passwords
- Store your passwords securely
- Includes browser extensions for Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer for easy login and form filling
Note: You need to enable and configure Avast passwords installing their extensions in browsers.
Avast SafeZone Browser
The company has replaced the SafeZone feature – which offers safer shopping and banking – with the Chromium-based SafeZone browser, now also available in Avast Free AV 2016. Right-click the Avast icon in your system tray and select ‘Run SafeZone browser’ to start it or you can also do the same in Tools in the Gui.
- SafeZone’s UI resembles the UI of the new Opera, it doesn’t support add-ons for security reasons. It comes pre-installed with ad blocker and video downloader complements.
- The SafeZone browser similar to Bitdefender Safego automatically opens all banking websites in payment method. This isolates the session and protects it from potential keyloggers or other malicious software secretly hiding on your computer.
With Payment Mode, you can carry out all your financial transactions with peace of mind, without fear that your password or other personal data will be stolen.
- Offers HTTPS verification while preserving the original certificate.
- Yahoo is the default search engine, other search providers available are: Bing and Google.
- ABP (?) based ad blocker revisited. Hopefully this will really stay in the SafeZone browser and see the sunshine when the stable version is released.
- Integrated into the Avast Online Security add-on, which, when activated in browsers such as Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer, switches to the SafeZone browser when you try to visit banking websites
You can download Avast Free antivirus 2016 beta 1 and also check for known issues at on here.
Caution: Some users have had issues after installing this beta version, so please create a restore point before testing this program.