We recently reported that Avast Free Antivirus gained a feature to protect your files from Ransomware, Avast Software released Avast version 20.7 on September 1st and is available for download with performance and reliability improvements and fixes for BSOD and crash issues.
Avast Free Antivirus 20.7.2425 has the following changes
- To improve reliability and performance, Avast moved configuration files to the registry. The company claims in change log that ” Your antivirus now runs even more smoothly thanks to tighter integrations with the Windows Registry and startup optimizations.
- The Avast Passwords component is not installed by default. You need to manually select it during installation to install.
- The company confirms that it has fixed a Kernel crash caused by the Avast Network driver aswNetHub.sys.
- Avast recovery disk now checks USB file size
Here are the things that have been fixed with this release
- Stop Smart Scan no longer freezes Avast GUI
- Avast setup no longer crashes during uninstall
- Incorrect state of yellow panel after releasing a new version even though automatic updates were enabled.
- Fixes restoring settings from backup files
- Changing language you needed to restart, which was not intended
- Mishandling the file size in the virus chest was preventing more files from being added.
What antivirus do you use on Windows? What is your opinion about Avast Free Antivirus? Let us know in the comments below.
Avast Free Antivirus 2020 release after Jumpshot Shutdown brings new privacy settings and more ads
Avast Cleanup Update Stops Office and Other Applications on Windows
Disable Chrome managed by your organization due to QUIC policy set by Avast
Windows 10 1909 Update Blocked on PCs with AVG/Avast v19.5 and Old Qualcomm WiFi Drivers
The latest version of Avast 19.7 has Google Analytics tracking enabled by default, here’s how you can disable it