The Piriform CCleaner cleaning tool has received an update, CCleaner v3.20 was released with support for Windows 8 Release Preview and recently released Opera 12 browser and this version sports Context Menu Manager for Windows Explorer which allows you to disable or delete unnecessary items. And there are other updates, improvements and bug fixes contained in this release.
CCleaner now supports Windows 8 RP and Opera 12
It looks like CCleaner is ready for Windows 8, the latest version adds compatibility for Windows 8 Release Preview, if you used CCleaner on Windows 8 RP, please share your thoughts on how this tool worked. Recently, Opera 12 final was released, so Piriform added Opera 12 support to their tool.
CCleaner Gets Context Menu Manager for Windows Explorer
A significant and notable addition in this release is the Windows Explorer Context Menu Management – you can find this in the “Startup” section under Tools. As the context menu displays all items that can be found in the right-click menu of a file, CCleaner now allows disabling or deleting from this tab. This will be very useful as you can now clean up unnecessary entries in the context menu using CCleaner.
Here’s What’s New in CCleaner v3.20
- Added Windows Explorer context menu management to the startup tool.
- Added Windows 8 Release Preview compatibility.
- Added support for Opera 12.
- Updated history cleanup for Aurora.
- Updated history cleanup for Chrome Canary.
- Improved UAC bypass code.
- Improved accuracy for install date and size of uninstall items.
- Improved detection of scheduled tasks.
- Improved cleaning algorithm duplication detection.
- Improved removal of files and settings when uninstalling.
- Minor bug fixes.
You can download CCleaner from on here.