Piriform today released Defraggler version 2.11 with support for Windows 8. The hard disk defrag tool from the makers of CCleaner not only defrag the entire hard disk, but individual files and folders as well. The latest version of Defraggler adds two new features: it minimizes the program tray and lets you move the selected or highlighted file to the end of the drive with an option in the right-click menu.
Defraggler can detect SSDs and defrag them too. Other improvements and bug fixes offered with this update are,
- Improvements in free space calculation.
- Fixed exclusions in df.exe.
- SSD drives are now correctly handled when drives are queued for defragmentation.
- Improved unit map tile calculation for very small units
- Shortcuts are now interpreted correctly when calculating fragmentation levels.
- Improved support for the /minpercent parameter for df.exe.
- Minor GUI improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.
Defraggler 2.11 supports Windows 8 32-bit and 64-bit and obviously works on older versions of Windows like Windows XP/Vista/7.