Mozilla has released Firefox Preview 5.2 based on Geckoview 78 for Android on the Play Store and is now available for download with New TabsTray, Google Voice Search, Dynamic Toolbar and other new features and improvements.
If you now update Firefox Preview to version 5.2, you will be surprised to notice the lack of a new tab button in the menu and toolbar.
1. “New Tabs Tray” was introduced by Mozilla with this update and it looks like it will be released with the release of the stable version.
Current versions of Chrome and Firefox offer a new tab option in the menu.
To open a new tab in Firefox Preview,
You need to type or search on the home screen. Clicking on the tab switcher takes you to the new tabs tray, clicking on the + icon will take you to the home screen to open a new tab. There are mixed reactions to this from users.
2. This update enables the “dynamic toolbar” at the bottom. What this means is that the navigation toolbar/addresses does not appear as you scroll down.
3. Google voice search is now available in the search bar.
To use Voice Search
- Launch Firefox Preview
- tap the search bar and tap the microphone icon and say something
4. The Reader Mode icon now appears in the address bar when a page supports Reader Mode.
Here is the full Firefox Preview 5.2.0 changelog
- Redesigned new tab tray
- Voice input support for search
- Various accessibility improvements
- Added support for opening pages in Reader Mode from the URL bar
- Dynamic bottom toolbar improvements
- Add quick context menu to tab switcher
- Added pull gesture to update to sync history
- Various bugs and crash fixes.
Download Firefox Preview at Game store.
Firefox Preview Beta for Android Gets Voice Search and More
Firefox 77 Beta for Android is now available on the Play Store
Firefox Preview 5.0 for Android Now Available on Play Store
Firefox for Android will offer new tab tray to show open tabs
Firefox for Android in Preview (Fenix) gets Picture in Picture mode