Learn how to fix when Google Chrome won’t load websites or pages but keeps showing “waiting for proxy tunnel” in the status bar. I experienced this issue and managed to resolve it after trying various things, the fix that worked for me is mentioned below.
Fix Google Chrome Proxy Tunnel Waiting Issue
1. Click the Chrome menu, select Settings
2. Click Advanced > System, open Proxy Settings or open the Run dialog, type inetcpl.cpl and press enter,
3. Click LAN Settings, uncheck ‘Automatically detect settings’ and click ‘OK’.
Before trying the above you need to confirm that the problem is only with Chrome, for that,
1. Restart Chrome and see the page or website you are trying to visit loads fine.
2. Open another browser like Firefox and try to see if the sites open smoothly, if they work, the problem is with Chrome, start investigating.
3. Launch the incognito window and check if the problem persists.
For me, visiting my site in incognito mode gave 404 not found error, where Firefox had no issues.
4. Clear Chrome browsing data and check if the problem persists.
Fix Chrome’s ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR.
Note: We faced this error once with Chrome and the problem never returned after disabling the auto detection of settings option in the local network settings. If you do not experience this error, we suggest that you do not change the LAN settings.
Have you ever faced this problem? How did you resolve? Let us know in the comment.