Have you seen this kind of error before? Yes!, for Chrome, when you install the lower numbered version of Chrome after uninstalling the higher one, you get this error on startup. The same is the case with Opera and don’t forget, Opera is now powered by Chromium, which Chrome is also based on. opera shows ‘Your profile cannot be used because it is from a newer version of Opera. Some features may be unavailable. Specify a different profile directory or use a newer version of Opera.’
Fix ‘Your profile cannot be used because it is from a newer version of Google Chrome’ error
Fixing Opera Error ‘Your profile cannot be used because it is from a newer version of Opera’
1. The fix is simple, and it’s the same as in chrome, of course.
2. Make sure Opera is not open or running in the background, check your processes in Task Manager and kill if any appear.
3. Make Windows Explorer to ‘Show hidden files, folders and drives’ in the ‘View’ tab under ‘Folder Options’.
4. Now navigate to ‘C:UsersusernameAppDataRoamingOpera SoftwareOpera Developer‘ (I’m using the developer version, you might be using a different or stable version)
5. Find the ‘Web Data’ file and delete it.
6. Now open Opera, it will go, no problems or error dialogs, particularly the one we’re talking about.
“Opera needs to restart, a problem has occurred, forcing Opera to close.”
Have you had this error before? How did you resolve? Share with us in the comments.