Have you accidentally deleted or lost your Chrome bookmarks and are trying to figure out how to get them back or restore them in Google browser? This is the tool you need.
Whenever you like a page or site, you will bookmark it for future reference. You can bookmark more pages, but you will never be able to check them by going to the bookmark manager. Whenever you want to reinstall Windows (unless you’re not syncing Chrome data and settings with your account), chances are you’ll export bookmarks to an HTML file and import later.
Recover Deleted Bookmarks from Chrome with Chrome Bookmark Recovery Tool
Chrome usually stores bookmarks and the bookmark backup file (bookmarks.back) in your profile folder. If you are homesick, you should be looking at this location.
Retrieving Chrome Bookmarks
1. Copy the above path and paste in Windows Explorer
2. When you search for bookmarks, Explorer shows the Bookmarks and Bookmarks.bak files.
3. Now visit, Chrome Bookmark Recovery Tool Page for Windows and drag and drop both files into the box of the page to be converted to HTML.
4. The tool shows that the download is ready after processing them, the file will be saved as html file with the name ‘bookmark_backup’.
5. Open the file in the browser and check the bookmark links, if you are satisfied with that, launch Chrome and open the bookmark manager.
6. Click on the three vertical dots and choose ‘Import bookmarks’, select the HTML file and click ‘Open’, done.
Okay, the bookmarks have been imported into Chrome.
Bookmark Sentry Scans and shows duplicate and inactive links in your Google Chrome bookmarks
Recent Bookmarks for Chrome displays recently bookmarked pages