Snagit automatically saves unsaved captures in the DataStore folder – you can see all these catch inside library – you can convert the images stored in that folder in SNAG format to the desired image type using the built-in batch image converter that Snagit contains, and the MP4 videos can be moved to a location on another location on the hard drive or you can open them with TechSmith Screen Capture Software and cut unnecessary portions of video.
If you are planning to reinstall Windows, you can create a backup file of captures automatically stored in the library and restore them to the Snagit library from a backup file. Here’s how it can be done.
Backing up Snagit captors to the library
1. Open the Snagit Editor, click File menu, select Editor’s Preferences
2. Click Library and click Backup/Restore Stored Files Automatically.
3. Choose Backupbrowse for a location, enter the file name and click Save, the file will be saved and will be of type .snagarchive.
Restoring Snagit Captures in the Library
1. Follow steps 1 to 2 above.
2. Choose To restoreselect snagarchive file and click open
3. Wait for the process to complete.