We have covered how to update AVG and Avira free antivirus on computers offline, today I will tell you how to update other popular free antivirus Avast offline.
These days, every home should have a system with an internet connection, it is rare for people to use their systems for work only at the office and do not need to be connected to the internet, but they want antivirus installed on their computers to be up to date. , so you can find the latest threats that come in via USB drives.
Avast labs detects a large number of threats. Avast releases definitions to users quickly through Steaming Updates, which protects users against the latest threats.
In addition, Avast software releases virus definition updates daily, if you are connected to the Internet, they will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Updating Avast Free Antivirus Offline
1. Get access to the system with internet connection system, visit http://www.avast.com/download-update,
2. Depending on the version of Avast you are using, click the download button
3. For example, if you are using the latest version of Avast 2017 (ie Avast 17), click the download button for ‘Avast VPS Update for versions 12+’
Tip: Clicking avast in Settings reveals the program version number
2. After downloading the VPS update file, also known as vpsupd.execopy this file to the USB drive.
3. Connect the USB drive to your computer and copy it to a folder and double-click that file to run the update. Your Avast will update without you needing to be online.
How to update AVG offline
How to update Avira offline