YouTube is testing a new homepage for its video-sharing site, YouTube Asking Users interested in trying out new features on its experimental homepage, which like real emphasis on a personalized video navigation and viewing experience.
YouTube Experimental Home Features
- Combined List – Merges your subscriptions, friend activities, and recommendations into one easier-to-check list
- Don’t Miss a Video – If a channel uploads 4 videos in one day, you’ll see all 4 – instead of just the most recent video
- Delete Anything – Hover over any video you don’t want to watch and click ‘x’
- Or just grayed out – videos you’ve already watched will be grayed out – so even without deleting you’ll know where you left off
- Help me find things I just watched – Your homepage will include your recent likes and favorites so you can easily get back to them
- Easy Inbox – Links to your inbox (personal messages and comments) are front and center
- Load much more – Watch older videos – all without leaving the homepage
Try the YouTube Experimental Homepage for clicking on this link and click “Go for it” to experience the next YouTube homepage.
You can go back to the classic homepage by clicking “Back to classic homepage link” on the new homepage.